Stats


View My Stats

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year! (And a special announcement.)

(I'm a little late with this. Oh well.)

I know this blog's readership is somewhere in the single digits (which is my fault for rarely updating it, I suppose), but I thought I should make a token update and wish my fans the best for 2011.

New Year's always gets me thinking about the future, in more ways than one. In 2010 I got "But Whether Men Do" published, fulfilling a dream I had held for a decade. Yet at the same time, so many upsetting things happened that year (which, for brevity's sake, I won't go into detail about) that it was easy to forget I had accomplished something very few people do. I hope I won't spend most of this year letting small reasons to be unhappy get the better of me, but I do have an announcement that I know will help make 2011 worthwhile.

This summer, I will be starting my second book. Since it's purely in the conceptual stage right now, there's very little I can reveal, but when the time is right I'm sure I'll have more on the subject. With the hardest part of being a writer, getting my first novel published, out of the way, I should be able to gradually climb my way up the ladder. It won't be too long before more people are reading this blog. (Maybe it'll go all the way up to double digits!)

Keep in mind, however, that even though I know when I'll start this book, I don't know when I'll finish it. A total of 754 days passed between the day I started writing what would eventually become "But Whether Men Do" and the day it was first sold on Amazon. Perhaps this next book will be completed in less time, or perhaps it will take even longer. Like I said, just about everything regarding this book is speculative at the moment, but when I can tell you more, I will.

In the meantime, I'm hoping 2011 will be a good year for me, and I hope the same for all of you. Thanks so much for your support, and stay tuned!

(P.S.: Even though it's been out for almost half a year now, you might not have heard the last of news regarding "But Whether Men Do" yet. Just to keep you curious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment