Stats


View My Stats

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Final Public Appearance. (Maybe...)

As you may remember me discussing earlier, "But Whether Men Do" has been nominated for Best First Novel in this year's Georgia Author of the Year Awards. If anyone reading this is interested, I'd like you to know you're more than welcome to attend the GAYA ceremony. After the awards are given out, I'll be signing copies of my book along with all the other nominees.

This is going to be a big event in more ways than one, as this ceremony and the signing afterwards will be my final public appearance, at least in the foreseeable future. I'll spare the personal details, but I've quickly learned that signings aren't a good thing for the self-esteem of a struggling, unknown author. Hopefully this award will help change things, but from now on I'll only be making public appearances if I know for a fact people would be interested in such a thing.

Here are the details for the GAYA ceremony:

KSU Center
3333 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw, GA
June 11th, 2011
7:30 PM

I hope you'll come and help support me during my big day! Wish me luck during the awards.

(P.S.: Work on my second book is still going steadily. I'll keep you updated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment